In my last blog, I wrote that the level of creativity displayed in the kitchens on this season of The Block had blown me away. Then, just when I thought I’d seen it all, the incredible kitchen from the ‘Challenge Apartment’ was revealed. To me, it was worthy of a 10 – and my fellow judges agreed – scoring it a perfect 40/40!
This showstopper embodies an emerging trend from this year’s EuroCucina – New Heritage – where contemporary design celebrates heritage style, while incorporating touches of modern luxury.
There are so many standout features in this space, but the one that strikes you first is the stunning backlit Caesarstone Concetto White Quartz island bench. It’s suspended above the mirror kick – showcasing a monolith of backlit glowing quartz.
The real beauty of this style of kitchen is the fusion between old and new. This approach is respectful to the heritage of The Block building, with features like the shaker style doors and the rustic library ladder – giving the space the feeling of old-world charm. However, the functional elements are strictly 21st century.
Embracing the new, the futuristic aspects of the kitchen create the perfect space for the modern cook. Top-of-the-range Bosch appliances, impressive features and everyday practicalities – like double ovens – give the kitchen an extra sense of functionality, while remaining high-end.
And when it comes to hosting, the generous Caesarstone benchtops, Bluetooth sound system, modern black palette and generous storage in both the kitchen and butler’s pantry make it the perfect match for the modern-day entertainer.
Standout design features:
- The matt black cabinetry makes a real statement and is right on trend
- The shaker ‘Sierra’ profiles on the cabinetry add a heritage feel, while still being sleek and stylish
- The use of mirror kickboards on the backlit Caesarstone Concetto White Quartz island bench creates the illusion of a floating, glowing box
- Clever use of accessories – from the Bluetooth sound system to the walnut knife holder and spice racks – take the space to the next level for the modern entertainer
- The storage space in this design is never-ending – from drawers and doors in the main kitchen to the open shelving of the butler’s pantry
To create a kitchen that’s the best on your block, book your free, in-home design appointment with Freedom Kitchens now. For more inspiration, download the new summer catalogue.
Originally published as: https://www.freedomkitchens.com.au/news/challenge-kitchen-new-heritage/